Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Diagnostic DataBase

4000 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: 2015-04-24 05:27:56

•   Level 3   
    (91) points
    electrocosta
    2015-02-25 06:45:38
     Hi, 

I wonder how quese makes a diagnostics log to maxisys.
    The only way it seems to me that there is to have a database with organized diagnostics, is after a diagnosis go to the historical and assign it to a customer. But besides take a long time, it is mandatory to enter VIN, license plate number, color, telephone and customer name, which is sometimes impossible to have.

Even if we try to save in PDF, to consult the PDF's the name we attach to the file does not appear ...

To me it seems more important thing for autel improve and update.

I wonder what the opinions and support to say what you think too.

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-02-26 08:18:31 (Reply to:electrocosta)

I agree there is work to be done on this.

If you have a few cars's it is workable, if you do a lot... it is a mess and you are getting lost in data since it is not good organised.

Also, If I save a autoscan, not always do I get the full info in history? Sometimes I a dozen codes and in history there are only 4 or at least less stored?

•   Level 3   
    (91) points
    electrocosta
    2015-02-27 09:14:38
     Exactly, in my case, we are a multi brand workshop that can get to do between 5-20 diagnoses per week, excluding the "sub-diagnoses" for the same car when we go to several different control units, it is easy to have a mess in the historical, excluding this when we make a diagnosis and this does not appear, or only appears before or after eliminating errors ...

•   Level 3   
    (91) points
    electrocosta
    2015-03-05 12:57:18
     -

•   Level 3   
    (91) points
    electrocosta
    2015-03-11 10:53:27
     No one else have problems with the saving and managing the diagnosys?

If we dont talk about this the autel wont will make anything about this.

I really think they need to create a better way to save, print and manage all the diagnosys data...

•   Level 3   
    (91) points
    electrocosta
    2015-04-01 04:24:48
     +

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-04-01 14:08:00 (Reply to:electrocosta)

As stated before, I agree. But besides de updates on car support (which is key for me too; more functions and faster data transfer etc. are really good help) I would not have a clue or Autel is working on Maxisys software updates like these. It would be a great benefit to have better organised data since right now, I mostly even don't bother looking back into that info since the pile of data is too big to go through it with better selections as available right now.

But as said, I do really have good feelings about the car support which is key for me.

•   Level 2   
    (46) points
    Firimari

2015-04-01 20:44:20

I also would like to have better way to organize the info I've saved on my maxisys.   I don't use the customer management functions, its too much effort to have to type in color, plate number, etc.  Also the machine is mine and not the shops.  

I do save pdf of my autoscans and sometimes data.  I always save as default using date its faster.  The reports have the vin number in them.  If the vin was in the header info that shows up in the pdf section of the data manager, I could use the search box at the top to find all reports related to a specific vin.  I would think this would be a relatively easy change they could make.  Also the date should show in the header field as well.

Now if I want to locate history on a specific vehicle I have to search the vehicle history list by model, find when I worked on the vehcicle, then search for the files with that date to see what info I saved.  

Since the date is not in the pdf header either,  I have to use the file explorer to search for the files manually.  

I have set up dropbox and dropsync on my system and I use them to monitor the folders where the pdfs and screenshots are saved and upload them to my dropbox/laptop for backup and easier searching and archiving.

•   Level 2   
    (23) points
    votec

2015-04-02 06:10:41 (Reply to:Firimari)

l agree with the thread the data file names need to ba able to be changed and reflect the details of how the event was trigered and the detial of the car as a discriptor in the file name

•   Level 3   
    (91) points
    electrocosta
    2015-04-02 10:00:08
     Thank you for sharing your ideias, i start this topic to try to have diferent ideas and needs to supper read and share with the engeneers to create a beter system for all us.
  Total2 Pages